The certificate of competence for the area 4 is the culmination for every Austrian sailor and the completion of the training!
What are the advantages of completing this training?
- The learning of astronavigation – the last backup for offshore trips
- Intensive deepening of weather skills and global weather systems
- Study of special cards for circumnavigations
- Learn Astronavigation
- What is a sextant – what types are there?
- Practicing with the sextant
- lunch width
- Position determination with 2 stance lines
- Global Weather Systems – Weather Maps
- Übersegler cards
- Planning of offshore trips
Multiple choice with 30 questions, Drafting an offshore passage
Eine 3tägige Fahrt durch die Adria, mindestens 30 Stunden Nonstop
The prerequisites for taking the practical exam are as follows:
- positively passed theory exam
- Austrian BFA FB3
- 5000 nautical miles (2000 as skipper)
- of which at least 500 as a ship’s captain
- 70 days on board
- 15 night trips (with a total of 3 night drives!)
- a long journey of at least 500 nm (of which at least 100 nm outside of driving range 3, distance between start and end at least 300 nm)
Course dates follow!