Only with our training partner, the entire lessons in theory & practice and all tests take place on the ship!
Depending on previous experience, you can complete the “FB2” in 1 to 3 weeks in Austria’s largest and most modern maritime school!
The FB2 is the right sailing license for driving / chartering motor and sailing vehicles for Austrian citizens and EU citizens with main residence in Austria.
With the FB2 sailing license – the Austrian certificate of competence for the FAHRTENBEREICH 2 (up to 20 nautical miles off the coast) you can lead yachts up to 24 meters and 300 gross registered tons (GRT). After the FB2 sailing course the exam will be taken by the Sail Austria, a BMVIT accredited examination organization according to the new examination regulations JachtPRO. After passing the exam you can apply for the International Certificate (IC) at the Via Donau. The IC is the international certification of your Austrian FB2 and thus you can charter and sail ships worldwide!
The legal prerequisites for the exam entrance to the “FB2 sailing license”:
- Age 18 years
- Mental and physical requirements (proof with the driver’s license or informal medical certificate)
- Positive color vision test
- 500 nautical miles covered (the miles included in our completed sailing courses module A and / or B of course!)
- 3 night drives
- 18 days on board
What can you expect from our partner’s FB2 sailing course?
- Experienced sailing instructors
- Well equipped, modern and safe sailing yachts
- All teaching contents in theory and practice are taught directly at the ship
- Serious preparation for your future skipper activity
- Relaxed and positive atmosphere on board
- A perfectly coordinated training program
- Practical and safety-oriented sailing training
- Scheduled time and manageable costs for sailing license
- 2 modern bases: Biograd in Croatia and Palma de Mallorca
What is NOT available from our training partner?
- Learning only for the exam
- Memorization of useless theoretical “knowledge”
- high failure rates for profit maximization
- 3-day Horuck training
- practical navigation tasks
- Screaming and negative mood on board
- presumptive examiners
- 2 years waiting for a training trip
- 40-year-old training ships